Hi, welcome to the newsletter in a week that was dominated by news gleaned from the leak of a Facebook document trove. A number of news publications are still working on the documents, and it's not clear how much information we'll still see.
📰News of the week:
- Facebook researchers showed they could reduce COVID disinformation: Zuckerberg said no.
- Did Facebook exempt hate sites from policy enforcement?
- Academics and lawmakers asked Facebook to share insights on the spread of Covid disinformation. Facebook said no.
- A Telegram COVID-19 conspiracy group was rife with antisemitism, according to LogicallyAI.
- Twitter's home feed is actually biased toward amplifying conservative political content, according to Protocol.
➡️If you want to read up on all the Facebook stories, here's a link.
⬆️ Re-up of the week (First Draft, May, 2021)
📝 Longform of the week:
🎁Bonus read of the week:
📲Tweet of the week:
That's it for this week. Is there a story we should add to next week's newsletter? Someone we should interview on our podcast? Ping us!