This week, read how Alex Jones, a trafficker in disinformation was held accountable by a Connecticut court. Read more:
- Alex Jones must pay eight Sandy Hook families $1 billion a jury ruled, The New York Times reports.
- Multilingual fact-checking groups are pushing back against misleading translations, manipulated images and outright lies that jump platforms and cross borders, New York Times.
- More on multilingual fact-checking on CNET.
- 4. $50 are not enough to convince people to get vaccinated, Bloomberg says.
- 5. A new law bars doctors from disinforming their patients on Covid , Medpage Today reports
Social media are polarizing not because they isolate us with likeminded others, as often thought, but because they provide spaces where we create social identities that increasingly align with our political preferences. Read more here.
The WaPo has a guide on how to talk to your family about disinformation.