📰News of the week:
- The AP reports that a constant barrage of misinformation has Idaho health care workers facing increased animosity .
- NYT: Facebook hearing strengthens calls for regulation in Europe.
- Buzzfeed: Doctors are attacking COVID vaccines and promoting bogus cures — and getting away with it.
- Coda Story: French doctors are are attacking COVID vaccines and promoting bogus cures.
- Media Matters found that at least 50 YouTube videos featuring newly banned anti-vax influencers remain on the platform.
- Poynter fact checks the claim that millions of people have died from the COVID-19 vaccine. (Ruling: false!).
- The Sword and The Sandwich newsletter on the dual hypotheses underpinning Christian anti-vaxx sentiment: the vaccine is full of secret microchips, and that it’s the mark of the beast.
- MedPage Today: Better to "pre-bunk" misinformation sooner rather than later, experts say.
- CNN perspective: Anti-vaxxers are using the same tactics as cults to attract followers on social media.
✔️ Opinion of the week:
New York Times asks how Facebook can be reformed.
📝 Longform of the week:
🚶Profile of the week:
⬆️ Re-up of the week:
🔬Research of the week:
📲Tweets of the week:
That's it for this week. Is there a story we should add to next week's newsletter? Someone we should interview on our podcast? Ping us!