⚡It's not Propaganda, it's Ampliganda⚡, Americans Worry about Disinformation: Inoculated Newsletter (14.10.2021)
It's not Propaganda, it's Ampliganda, Americans Worry about Disinformation, Inoculated Newsletter (14.10.2021)
Are you reading the newsletter for the first time? Let us know what you want to read more of, what you liked, or what you didn't like. Thank you!
📰News of the week:
- Do we need a new term to describe misinformation? How about ampliganda?
2. In the UK, anti-vax protesters live-streamed themselves outside school gates claiming the covid jab causes cancer, infertility and death, Schools Week says.
3. In spaces where expectant mothers seek fellowship online, panic, frustration, and the predatory nature of anti-vaccine rhetoric are stark, the Sword and the Sandwich newsletter reports.
4. A survey finds that three-quarters of Americans worry at least somewhat that they have been exposed to misinformation, but only about half are similarly concerned that they’ve spread misinformation, even unintentionally.
5. ‘I hope you die’: how the COVID pandemic unleashed attacks on scientists, Nature reports.
6. Google announced a new policy Thursday prohibiting the monetization of content that contradicts the scientific consensus on climate change, according to The Hill. Is Disinformation next?
⬆️ Re-up of the week:
🎁Bonus read of the week:
📝 Opinion of the week:
NYT: What Is Facebook Worth to Us?
📲Tweets of the week:
If you liked the newsletter, please share with your friends. If you have questions, please email Eva and Daiva TheInoculation@gmail.com.
That's it for this week. We'll be back next week. Our next podcast episode is also out next week. Is there a story we should add to next week's newsletter? Someone we should interview on our podcast? Ping us!